Whether it is hair loss, hair thinning or a scalp condition, it all starts with
what is happening inside the body.
Female Pattern Alopecia & Male Pattern Alopecia
- This hereditary hair loss is called Androgenetic Alopecia & is the most common type of hairloss. This is caused by genetics from either side of the family & can be in combination with hormone levels & aging.
- This is easily detected under the microscope during a hair check service.
Diffused Alopecia / Telogen Effluvium (TE)
- This type of hair loss is a decrease in hair density all over the scalp. There are several things that can disrupt the hair cycle & can contribute to this type of hair loss.
- Finding the trigger is key. They are different for everyone.
- Pregnancy / Hormone shift - Stress
- Diet Changes - Surgery
- Medications - Nutrition Deficiencies
- Chemicals in Hair Product - Low Iron & Vitamin D
- This autoimmune disorder is a sudden hair loss that results in hair loss in patches that can sometimes overlap. This may be brought on by stress. There are several types & ways to treat AA.
- Under the microscope this can easily be seen.
- This form of alopecia is caused by constant pulling & tugging due to hair extensions, braids & tight ponytails. This can be reversible if caught in time
Scarring Alopecia / Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia(FFA)
- This type of alopecia is the permanent destruction of fibrosis of the hair follicle & cannot be reversed. Testing & treatment by a Doctor is essential.
- It may be caused by:
- Infection - Burns / Chemical burns
- Trauma - Underlining diseases
- You were born with it
Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling)
- This is an impulse to pull out your own hair. This can be triggered by depression or stress. Please find someone to talk to & support.
The TLC Foundation is helpful BFRB.org